02 August 2007

August 3, I think...

El Banna got me checked in. I didn’t check in downstairs in the main lobby. We went upstairs to the Executive Wing…part of a deal Pioneer has with the hotel. Apparently, everyone who comes on company business stays at this hotel with the executive treatment. Basically, that means checking in and out at the executive lounge on the 6th floor. The lounge also has free continental breakfast in the morning, afternoon “tea”, and early evening happy hour.

Once I’m all signed in and taken care of, El Banna takes off and I head to my room. I unpack, get organized in the room, call Alan to let him know I made it. Next thing I know it’s 10:30 and I’m really tired.

I must have gone to sleep fairly readily but I woke up around 2:30. I laid awake for a while. Maybe I drifted off again eventually but I think I was still awake around 4:30 when I heard this rhythmic thumping from the room next door. I’m guessing their headboard was on the same wall as mine.

I laid awake a while longer and decided I just wasn’t going to get back to sleep so I got up and puttered on the computer for a bit. The hotel has Wi-Fi so I could charge some access to my room to post this…it’s 60 pounds per hour (a little over $10)….

By now, it’s 6:30am. The continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge is open. I should move about and do some stretches or exercise or something. I’m so stiff and sore from all the travel inactivity.