07 August 1999

Trip home

I'm up and out. Basically an uneventful trip home. Well, except for one thing...

I got a tad confused in the Toronto airport. I needed to retrieve my luggage for going through customs (same as in Montreal) but it wasn't at all clear where/how I was supposed to manage that. I ended up in the main baggage claim area with no return access to the airport proper. I tried. A guard stopped me. However, he did get me pointed to another (cleverly concealed behind an unmarked, opaque door) way to where I needed to be.

This whole luggage/customs thing is a royal pain... I don't know why we have to claim and recheck luggage when they don't even look at it. Besides, if it was ok when we checked it and no one but the airline has handled it, why go through all this rigmarole?? Hmph! Tirade mode off...